Saudi millionaire cleared of rape, claims he fell, ‘accidentally’ penetrated teen
LONDON — A Saudi millionaire was cleared of raping a teenager after telling the court that he might have accidentally penetrated the 18-year-old when he tripped and fell.
Property developer Ehsan Abdulaziz, 46, was accused of forcing himself on the teenager as she slept on the sofa in his flat in Maida Vale, west London, in August in 2014.
But he claimed that he might have fallen on top of her while his penis was poking out the top of his underwear, the MailOnline reported on Tuesday (Wednesday, Manila time).
He was cleared of one count of rape following a trial at Southwark Crown Court.
The teenager met Abdulaziz when she went to the exclusive Cirque le Soir nightclub in the West End on Aug 7 last year. She was with her 24-year-old friend who knew Abdulaziz.
He later offered them a ride home in his Aston Martin. The three went back to his apartment, where he offered them vodka before taking the 24-year-old into the bedroom for sex.
The 18-year-old claimed she woke in the early hours of the morning to find Abdulaziz on top of her, forcing himself inside her.
But he claimed that he wanted to offer her a T-shirt to sleep in, or to offer to pay for a taxi home. He also claimed that she pulled him on top of her and placed his hand between her legs, reported the MailOnline. That was when he fell, according to Abdulaziz .
“I’m fragile, I fell down but nothing ever happened, between me and this girl nothing ever happened,” he told the court, claiming that traces of his DNA could have been found in her vagina because of the fall.
He also said it was possible he had semen on his hands after the sexual encounter with her friend.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.