Poe-Escudero’s senatorial slate posters shown ahead of announcement
Even before the formal announcement of their names, the posters on stage at the Club Filipino in Greenhills, San Juan Thursday already showed the 12 senatorial bets of Senators Grace Poe and Francis “Chiz” Escudero dubbed as “Partido Galing at Puso.”
The photos of the following senatorial candidates with Poe and Escudero were all displayed on stage set for the formal announcement of the the two senators’ slate:
- Overseas Filipino workers rights advocate Susan “Toots” Ople
- Former Senator Richard “Dick” Gordon
- Former Senator Juan Miguel “Migz” Zubiri
- Valenzuela Representative Sherwin Gatchalian
- Senator Vicente “Tito” Sotto III
- Lawyer Lorna Kapunan
- Pasig Representative Roman Romulo
- Bayan Muna Representative Neri Colmenares
- Actor Edu Manzano
- ACT-CIS partylist Representative Samuel Pagdilao
- Manila Vice Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso
- Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto
Except for Recto, who is also running under the administration’s Liberal Party (LP), all other senatorial bets are expected to attend the formal announcement of the Poe-Escudero team.
Recto and Romulo are LP members but unlike the senator, the congressman is running exclusively under the Poe-Escudero team.
Aside from Recto, other shared candidates in the Team GP are: Sotto, Gordon, Zubiri, and Ople, who are all also part of the United Nationalist Alliance’s (UNA) ticket, and Moreno, who has been adopted by vice presidential bet Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.
LP is supporting the presidential bid of former Interior Secretary Mar Roxas while UNA’s standard-bearer is Vice President Jejomar Binay.
The six others—Romulo, Gatchalian, Colmenares, Manzano, Pagdilao and Kapuna—are exclusive candidates of the Poe-Escudero’ team. RAM
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.