Another stabbing incident inside NBP prompts cancellation of conjugal visit
Another stabbing incident occurred over the weekend inside the New Bilibid Prison (NBP), prompting the cancellation of the weekly conjugal visitation.
The incident occurred Saturday between 5-5:30 a.m. at Dormitory 9-A inside the Maximum Security Prison.
Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) Spokesman Fr. Robert Olaguer said the victim is Antonio Usis and the suspect is Allan Pinot.
Usis was stabbed on the shoulder using an 11 inch improvised icepick.
Olaguer said Usis opted not to push charges.
“Ayaw na niya maghabla kasi personal daw ang away nila,” Olaguer said, but added that Pinot has been taken to the disciplinary cell and will undergo drug testing.
This is the third incident this month inside NBP.
Last Oct. 15, a commando gang member Edward Villanueva stabbed fellow inmate Cesar Aguilar over carpentry materials.
Then, last week, former Masbate jail warden Charlie Quidatu was shot to death by Ronald Catapang. Catapang confessed to the killing. He said Quidatu wanted him to throw a grenade at Commando gang elders who were having a meeting but he refused.
Every Saturday, Olaguer said legal wives of inmates are allowed to stay overnight, but it was cancelled due to the incident last Saturday.
He however clarified that the suspension on the regular visitation privilege has been lifted. Relatives are allowed to visit inmates Wednesday to Sunday.
Visitation privileges were previously suspended following the death of Quidatu.
Olaguer said it is still not sure if conjugal visits will again be allowed next week.