I’ll ‘support’ Marcos–Duterte
DAVAO CITY—Mayor Rodrigo Duterte admitted promising to support Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. in his run for Vice President—
but only as far as “entertaining” him when he visits his city.
“I will entertain him when he campaigns in the city,” Duterte told the Inquirer on Tuesday.
In a statement on Monday, Marcos thanked Duterte for being “gracious enough to promise me his support should I decide to run for Vice President.”
Duterte had earlier said he was definitely not running for President despite a clamor for him to do so, but lately he appeared to be on the verge of changing his mind. Nico Alconaba, Inquirer Mindanao
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.