Fire razes house, makeshift structures in Liloan, Cebu
CEBU CITY—An early morning fire burned a house and two makeshift structures used as furniture work area in Sitio Tabok Lamac in Barangay Yati in Liloan in northern Cebu on Saturday.
SFO3 Bob Bolabola of Liloan fire department said a fire of still unknown origin broke out at 6:20 am. from the house of Dionisio Balbutin which spread to two makeshift structures which he and five other workers used as work area.
The burned structures occupied a 2,000 square-meter lot property and were mostly made of light materials.
Balbutin was a subcontractor of Primier Furniture Co. in Barangay Canduman, Mandaue City.
Workers said they saw a spark in the electrical connection before the fire broke out.
Fire was placed under task force alpha which prompted the response of firefighters from Liloan and Consolacion towns.
The fire was placed under control in five minutes but was totally put out after one hour. RC
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.