Lookout bulletin sought against new suspects in 2009 massacre
MANILA, Philippines—Maguindanao Gov. Esmael “Toto” Mangudadatu thru counsel Nena Santos will ask the Department of Justice (DOJ) to issue a lookout bulletin order (LBO) against the new set of suspects in the 2009 Maguindanao massacre case including 14 more Ampatuans, four incumbent mayors and 36 others.
“We will ask the DOJ (Department of Justice) for an LBO,” Santos told reporters.
She added that once a counter-affidavit is submitted on April 17, they would ask the Quezon City Court to issue a hold departure order.
She said some of the suspects were incumbent officials and they wanted to make sure that all the suspects would remain in the country.
Some of the suspects are Mamasapano Mayor Benzar Ampatuan, Rajah Buayan Mayor Jack Ampatuan Lumenda, Datu Unsay Mayor Reshal Santiago Ampatuan and Shariff Aguak Mayor Zahara Ampatuan.
The respondents are facing a complaint for 58 counts of murder for the death of 32 journalists and 18 others on Nov. 23, 2009, which include Genalyn Mangudadatu, wife of Mangudadatu, his sister Eden, cousin Rowena and aunt Manguba.
The second wave of complaint was based on testimonies of witnesses during the bail hearing and on the testimony of two new witnesses that they managed to secure sometime September-October last year.
Currently, there are a total of 196 accused in the Maguindanao massacre case including the head of the Ampatuan clan Datu Andal Ampatuan Sr., sons Datu Zalday “Puti” Ampatuan, Datu Akmad Ampatuan Sr., Anwar Ampatuan (husband of Zahara Ampatuan) and Sajid Ampatuan who was recently released on bail.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.