20 senators sign report holding Aquino responsible for Mamasapano
MANILA, Philippines — Twenty senators have signed a Senate draft report that found President Benigno Aquino III responsible for the January 25 Mamasapano operation, Senator Grace Poe said on Wednesday.
Poe drafted the report as head of the Senate committee on public order that investigated the incident along with the committees on peace, unification, reconciliation, and finance.
The 20 senators who have signed the report are:
- Senator Grace Poe
- Senator Francis Escudero
- Senator Vicente “Tito” Sotto III
- Senator Serge Osmena
- Senator Aquilino Pimentel III
- Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr
- Senator Alan Cayetano
- Senator Pia Cayetano
- Senator Nancy Binay
- Senator Ralph Recto
- Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago (via electronic signature)
- Senator Gringo Honasan
- Detained Senator Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada
- Detained Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr.
- Senator Joseph Victor “JV” Ejercito (via electronic signature)
- Senator Loren Legarda
- Senator Cynthia Villar
- Senator Paolo Benigno “Bam” Aquino IV
- Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara
- Senator Teofisto Guingona III
The four senators who did not sign are:
- Detained Senator Juan Ponce Enrile
- Senate President Franklin Drilon
- Senator Antonio Trillanes IV
- Senator Manuel “Lito” Lapid
Poe earlier said the signatories were already the majority needed to transmit the draft report to the plenary for either adoption or rejection.
“Yes, majority,” Poe told reporters in a text message.
“But I will file first on Thursday and wait for additional attachments from senators whom I requested to submit their additional positions in writing, if they have any. I will present this in May,” she added.
Originally posted: 11:13 AM | Wednesday, March 18th, 2015
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.