Aquino approves ‘Yolanda’ rehab plan
MANILA, Philippines—President Benigno Aquino III on Wednesday approved the “Yolanda Comprehensive Rehabilitation and Recovery Plan,” more than a week before the nation marks the first anniversary of Super Typhoon Yolanda, which hit Leyte, Samar and parts of Cebu on Nov. 8 last year.
Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa signed a memorandum dated Oct. 29 that approves the recovery plan, a source told INQUIRER.net.
“Upon the representations of the Office of the Presidential Assistant for Rehabilitation and Recovery (OPARR), and with the favorable endorsement of the National Economic and Development Authority dated 11 September 2014, the Yolanda Comprehensive Rehabilitation and Recovery Plan is approved pursuant to applicable laws, rules and regulations,” the memo said.
On Twitter, OPARR Communications Head Karen Jimeno posted, “President Aquino has approved the Yolanda Comprehensive Recovery & Rehabilitation Plan (CRRP or Master Rehab Plan).”
Last August rehabilitation czar Panfilo Lacson submitted to Aquino the 8,000-page master plan to rehabilitate the provinces devastated by Yolanda (international name: Haiyan).
Malacañang had repeatedly claimed that the master plan was not delayed. Palace officials said projects were being implemented even before the document could be approved.
Aquino had said that he wanted the plan to have a detailed timetable.
Originally posted: 7:47 PM | Wednesday, October 29th, 2014