Makati implements traffic rerouting, road closures starting Oct. 31
MANILA, Philippines ― The Makati City government announced on Wednesday that it will implement road closures and traffic rerouting in light of the All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day commemorations starting 12 a.m. on October 31 and will end at 12 a.m. on November 2.
The following roads, which surround Manila South Cemetery, will be closed to traffic:
- South avenue (from Metropolitan avenue to Novaliches street)
- Pililla street (from Kalayaan avenue to J.P. Rizal avenue)
- Kalayaan avenue (from Kalayaan corner Reposo street to Kalayaan corner Zapote street)
- Reposo street (from J.P. Rizal corner Reposo street to Reposo/ Nicanor Garcia streets corner Jupiter street)
- Pablo Ocampo Sr. Extension (from P. Ocampo Sr. extension corner Zapote street to P. Ocampo Sr. extension corner South avenue)
Also, two-way traffic scheme will be implemented in the following roads:
- J.P. Rizal (from Pasong Tirad to Makati avenue)
- Kalayaan avenue (from F. Zobel to Makati avenue)
- Pasong Tirad to Zapote street
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.