Revilla, chief of staff to be suspended from Senate starting Nov. 3
MANILA, Philippines — The Senate will implement the 90-day suspension of Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. and his chief of staff Richard Cambe beginning November 3, in compliance with the directive of the Sandiganbayan in connection with their plunder cases, according to Senate President Franklin Drilon.
Drilon said the Sandiganbayan denied on October 22 Revilla and Cambe’s motion for reconsideration in its ruling suspending them for 90 days. He received a copy of the court resolution on Friday last week.
The suspension of Revilla and Cambe will end on January 31, 2015.
Drilon said that during the 90-day suspension, their salaries and funds to their offices would be suspended.
“But the salaries of [Revilla’s staff members] will continue,” he told reporters.
Revilla and Cambe are facing plunder charges for allegedly pocketing pork barrel funds.
The Senate earlier implemented the Sandiganbayan order to suspend Senators Jinggoy Estrada and Juan Ponce Enrile, who, like Revilla are facing plunder charges for the alleged theft of their pork barrel funds.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.