Student electrocuted by live wire near UST gate
According to the official twitter account of the University of Santo Tomas (UST) Red Cross Youth (@USTRCYC), 22-year old Siegfried Arcilla was electrocuted by a live wire near the UST Gate 1.
A student from the Far Eastern University (FEU) was with Arcilla and was seriously injured but in stable condition, it said.
“Rest In Peace Siegfried Arcilla, UST Med Student and a fellow Red Cross Youth Volunteer,” the group said in a tweet.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) has yet to include the latest casualty to the official death toll which stands at two: a 2-year-old girl from Quezon City and a 69-year-old elderly woman from Rodriguez, Rizal.
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.