Cesar Montano denies rape charge | Inquirer News
Close  

Cesar Montano denies rape charge

Case a rehash of past petition denied by court, says lawyer
/ 12:56 AM August 15, 2013

Cesar Montano

Actor Cesar Montano on Wednesday denied the accusation of his estranged wife, actress Sunshine Cruz, that he raped her on Mother’s Day, a claim which he described as “preposterous.”

In a statement, the actor’s lawyer Joel Ferrer also said that Montano never abused Cruz physically or verbally as he described the case filed against his client the other day as a mere rehash of the actress’ earlier petition for a protection order which the court denied.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We believe Cruz filed the cases against Montano to gain leverage in her fervent desire to seek an annulment of their marriage,” he added.

As for Cruz’s accusation that her husband raped her on May 12, Ferrer said that the actress had invited Montano to join her and their children for dinner that day at Edsa Shangri-la Hotel.

FEATURED STORIES

“Thereafter Montano slept and stayed overnight at the present residence of Cruz. He left the place the following day. The two even had [an] exchange of text messages of a [friendly] nature, belying any animosity between them several days after the Mother’s Day celebration,” the lawyer added.

Ferrer went on to say that contrary to Cruz’s claim that her husband brought their children to his house without her permission and has since refused to let her see them, it was the children who decided they wanted to stay with their father.

“It is also worth mentioning that Cruz is at liberty to see them any time, whether at their Tivoli residence or at school… It is [her] expressed decision not to [see them] probably due to her hectic work schedule,” he said.

He explained that Montano had been “exerting earnest efforts to preserve their matrimonial bond especially for the sake of their children.”

A hearing has been set Thursday at the Quezon City Regional Trial Court for Cruz’s petition for a permanent protection order against her husband. Her petition for a temporary protection order was denied last week.

On Tuesday, the actress sued Montano, whom she described as a “very domineering and philandering husband,” for violation of Republic Act No. 9262 or the Anti-Violence against Women and Children’s Act.

Related Stories:

ADVERTISEMENT

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/107941/sunshine-cruzs-rape-accusation-preposterous-cesar-montano

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/107813/sunshine-cruz-files-abuse-raps-vs-cesar-montano

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/107957/sunshine-cruz-13-years-is-enough

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Anti-Violence against Women and Children’s Act, Cesar Montano, Philandering Husband, Rape, Republic Act No. 9262, Sunshine Cruz
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

News that matters

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.