Enrile hails capture of 2nd Boston bombing suspect
MANILA, Philippines–UNA senatorial candidate Jack Enrile on Sunday hailed the capture by US security forces of the second Boston marathon bomber, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
“The swift action by the US police and military in the capture of the bombing suspect, whose brother was killed earlier, assures the world of the US ability to contain terrorism,” said Enrile in an interview with “Isyu ng Bayan” of Radyo INQUIRER 990 AM.
The young Enrile added “terrorism is a threat to the freedom and lives of individuals everywhere, and all countries should cooperate in combating terrorism for the sake of democracy and humanitarianism.” He commended the American government for acting quickly to resolve the bombing incident.
Enrile said that the Philippine military, police and other security agencies should always be on the alert against the resurgence of terrorism, considering that it also had been the target of terrorists, such as in the Valentine Day’s bombing several years ago.
He reminded the government that the plot to bomb the New York twin towers in the 9/11 incident was traced to have its beginnings in Manila when an Islamic militant was caught making bombs in a Metro Manila apartment.
“We should learn from the Boston bombing incident how to respond swiftly should terrorism again strike in our country,” Enrile said.
“Isyu ng Bayan” airs every Sunday morning 8 a.m to 10 a.m. on Radyo INQUIRER 990 AM.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.