Exploding fryer sparks pizza resto fire; 3 hurt
Three employees of a popular pizza restaurant at the Mall of Asia (MOA) complex in Pasay City were injured on Tuesday after a kitchen fryer exploded and caused a brief fire.
Authorities said the fire which occurred around 10:45 a.m. at Shakey’s pizza parlor on MOA’s ground floor was already extinguished when the firefighters arrived.
But three of the workers sustained injuries while the loud explosion coming from the restaurant caused panic among the mall goers, according to FO2 Mark Ryan Lanuzga of the Pasay fire department.
Damage was estimated at P10,000, Lanuzga said.
After the MOA incident, Pasay firefighters responded to another emergency on Zamora Street in Barangay 19 around 11 a.m., when a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) tank exploded and injured a resident.
The victim, Hope Fernandez, was rushed to Pasay City General Hospital for treatment.