Close  

Aussie freed by Abu Sayyaf submits affidavit to DoJ

By: - Reporter / @T2TupasINQ
/ 03:17 PM April 01, 2013

Freed Australian hostage Warren Richard Rodwell, left, greets Col. Rolando Miranda, right, Philippine National Police Anti-Kidnapping Group (AKG) chief for operations, and Col. Renato Gumban, second from right, AKG director, upon arrival at the airport in Manila, Philippines on Monday March 25, 2013. Al-Qaida-linked militants released the emaciated Rodwell on March 23 after being held captive for 15 months. AP/Aaron Favila

MANILA, Philippines—Australian Warren Rodwell, who was freed by the Abu Sayyaf Group last month, went to the Department of Justice (DoJ) Monday and submitted an affidavit for purposes of investigation.

State Prosecutor Aristotle Reyes said Rodwell submitted his affidavit upon recommendation by the Philippine National Police Anti-Kidnapping Group.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reyes said Rodwell only affirmed his affidavit but it is still not clear if he will file a complaint against his abductors.

However, Reyes said the PNP can still use Rodwell’s statement in any investigation and the subsequent filing of a criminal complaint.

Rodwell was released by the Abu Sayyaf after one year in captivity. His family allegedly paid P4 million in ransom for his release.

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: abu sayyaf, Department of Justice, News, Warren Rodwell
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.