Unofficial poll shows respondents want total gun ban imposed | Inquirer News
Close  

Unofficial poll shows respondents want total gun ban imposed

/ 07:43 PM January 15, 2013

MANILA, Philippines—Majority of the respondents that joined an unofficial poll conducted by INQUIRER.net want the government to impose a total gun ban during the holidays in the Philippines.

ADVERTISEMENT

A total of 3,896 people voted in the unofficial poll that started in the first week of January 2013 and which ended at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 15.

Of those who joined, 3,263, or 83.75 percent, voted Yes to the poll question: ‘‘Do you think a total gun ban during the holidays should  be imposed?’’ On the other hand, only 633, or 16.25 percent, voted No.

FEATURED STORIES

The unofficial poll was held after 7-year-old Stephanie Nicole Ella of Caloocan City died from a stray bullet that hit her during the New Year’s Eve revelry in their area.

The incident caused an uproar and a clamor to the government to impose tighter gun control measures especially during the holidays. Over the years, some gun owners in the country fire their guns indiscriminately to welcome the new year.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Crimes, new year revelry, News, Police, Total Gun Ban
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.