Close  

AFP donates P3M to ‘Pablo’ victims

/ 12:21 PM December 12, 2012

MANILA, Philippines—The Armed Forces of the Philippines will donate P3 million for victims of typhoon Pablo (international name Bopha), which ravaged Visayas and Mindanao last week.

“The amount will be used to purchase construction materials and equipment to build shelters for the victims who lost their homes during the typhoon,” military spokesman Colonel Arnulfo Marcelo Burgos Jr. said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The AFP has released P1.5 million, while P1 million will be taken from the command to boost the efforts of the troops conducting humanitarian assistance and disaster relief in Mindanao.

The AFP has also released P500,000 to purchase medicines for the victims.

FEATURED STORIES

It has also deployed six medical teams to bring relief to the victims of the recent calamity, Burgos said.

Typhoon “Pablo” has killed more than 700, with about 900 missing as of latest. It also left an estimated P7billion worth of damage.

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Armed Forces of the Philippines, Arnulfo Burgos Jr., humanitarian aid, Pablo, Typhoon Pablo
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.