JBC to start interview of SC chief bets after Aquino’s SONA
MANILA, Philippines—The Judicial and Bar Council (JBC) will start conducting the public interview of aspirants for the Chief Justice post a day after the State of the Nation Address of President Benigno Aquino III.
Lawyer Jose Mejia, JBC representative of the academe, said initially their target is to finish the public interview of the 24 aspirants by July 27.
Mejia told reporters Wednesday that their target is to submit a shortlist of candidates to the President by July 30.
The public interview, according to Mejia, will be open to the public.
This is the final list of applicants for the top judicial post:
1. Acting Chief Justice Antonio Carpio
2. SC Associate Justice Arturo Brion
3. SC Associate Justice Teresita Leonardo De Castro
4. SC Associate Justice Presbitero Velasco
5. SC Associate Justice Roberto Abad
6. SC Associate Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno
7. Justice Secretary Leila De Lima
8. Professor Soledad Cagampang De Castro
9. Atty. Jose Manuel Diokno
10. Atty. Katrina Legarda
11. Atty. Rafael Morales
12. Dean Raul Pangalangan
13. Comelec Commissioner Rene Sarmiento
14. Retired Judge Manuel DJ. Siayngco Jr.
15. Dean Cesar Villanueva
16. Ex-San Juan Representative Ronaldo Zamora
17. Ferdinand Jose David Emmanuel Edralin Marcos Pijao Sr.
18. Atty. Vicente Velasquez
19. Dean Amado Valdez
20. Cagayan De Oro Representative Rufus Rodriguez
21. Manila RTC Judge Amelia Tria-Infante
22. Presidential Commission on Good Government Andres Bautista
23. Securities and Exchange Commission Teresita Herbosa
24. Solicitor-General Francis Jardeleza
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.