Marcos says he’s feeling well, ‘getting best possible medical care’

MANILA, Philippines — President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Wednesday evening said he is feeling well and receiving “the best possible medical care,” thanking everyone who expressed concern about his health.
In a video shared by the Presidential Communications Office, Marcos said he has already been able to attend private engagements in Malacañang, including the Economy and Development Council (EDC) meeting last Monday and the oath-taking of Philippine National Police chief Lt. Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. earlier in the day.
READ: Palace sees no need for Marcos medical bulletin after hospitalization
“My doctors are excellent. They just gave me some medications, and I’m still continuing my antibiotics. But I’m already okay. In fact, we already had an EDC (Economy and Development Council) meeting last Monday with most of the Cabinet,” Marcos said, speaking to Palace Press Officer Claire Castro in the video.
At the beginning of the video, Marcos was seen playfully interacting with the family dog, Oreo.
The President also shared a food craving he even dreamt about the other night, which he said may have been caused by being on a soup-only diet.
“For a few days, you’re not allowed to eat solid food so your intestines can recover and be relieved of stress. So I was only on broth. That’s why I had a dream one night. I asked the doctor if I was already allowed to eat anything. Because in my dream, I was eating steak. That was all I could think about,” Marcos said.
Marcos also said his doctors assessed his condition on Wednesday morning, which was why he was unable to attend the Pagpupugay 2025: Parangal sa mga Lingkod Bayani awarding ceremony at the Malacañang compound.
“The doctors were here and they consulted with each other to make sure everything was really okay. They were insisting that I should rest. I told them, “I can’t rest. I’m not someone who gets to rest,” he explained.
READ: Palace: Marcos recovering from diverticulitis, may skip events
The president thanked those who wished him well during his recovery.
“Thank you very much to everyone who has been concerned about my health. Many people sent messages wishing me a speedy recovery. I told them that I’m very grateful. Thank you for your concern,” Marcos said.
In a press briefing earlier in the day, Castro saw no need to issue a medical bulletin on the health status of Marcos, a week after he was hospitalized for diverticulitis.
She said the president’s assurance to the public that he feels well is more reliable than a formal medical document.
A medical bulletin refers to an official and timely public statement providing updates on a person’s health status.
In a Viber message to reporters, Presidential Communications Office Acting Secretary Dave Gomez said Marcos is showing steady recovery from diverticulitis but may still be absent from the public eye from time to time.
“The President has recently returned from medical care and is recovering from diverticulitis. His medical team notes his steady progress,” Gomez said.
He added, “The President will continue to focus on critical duties, but the Executive Secretary and other Cabinet members, who are his alter egos, may represent him at some engagements.”
Marcos’ most recent public engagement was on January 21, the same day he was brought to St. Luke’s Medical Center in Quezon City due to diverticulitis—an inflammation of the diverticula, or small pockets in the colon.
That morning, Marcos attended the homecoming celebration for the 33rd Southeast Asian Games athletes in Manila. He later proceeded to the opening ceremony of the 7th Bangsamoro Foundation Day in Cotabato City.
Since then, Marcos has only participated in private activities within Malacañang. /mr