Tolentino to ABS-CBN: Apologize for using my photos

Tolentino to ABS-CBN: Apologize for using my photos for crime report

By: - Reporter / @JEPOI04
/ 07:15 PM March 03, 2025

Reelectionist Senator Francis 'TOL' Tolentino is demanding ABS-CBN News to explain and apologize for its erroneous use of photos of the senator and his staff for a crime report that aired on TV Patrol Sunday night. 

Reelectionist Senator Francis Tolentino wants ABS-CBN News to explain and apologize for its erroneous use of photos of the senator and his staff for a crime report that aired on TV Patrol on March 2, 2025.

Reelectionist Senator Francis Tolentino has urged ABS-CBN News to explain and apologize for erroneously flashing photos of him and his staff for a crime report that aired on TV Patrol on Sunday night, March 2.

“I strongly condemn the use of photos showing me and my staff members, who were even wearing my campaign shirt, for a TV Patrol report on a shooting that wounded three people in Barangay Labangal, General Santos City,” Tolentino said.

Article continues after this advertisement

He also asked ABS-CBN to take down the news item that was posted on its website, YouTube, and Facebook platforms.

FEATURED STORIES

“This is downright fake news! My staff and I had no involvement of whatever kind with the said crime. Intentional or not, this mistake could have been prevented if only ABS-CBN News verified the pictures. Observing due diligence is the primary responsibility of any media organization,” he said.

Tolentino to ABS-CBN: Apologize for using my photos for crime report

Screenshots from the TV Patrol news item, “3 lalaki sugatan matapos pagbabarilin sa inuupahan sa General Santos City,” which aired on March 2, 2025. In the two photos, Senator Francis Tolentino is seen wearing a gray jacket while his staff were wearing his campaign shirt.

Tolentino said the photos shown on TV Patrol were taken at the General Santos airport last week, when the senator visited the city as one of the guests at the Kalilangan Festival last February 27.

“Ironically, the Kalilangan Festival highlights peace and the unity of the people in GenSan,” he said.

“I will officially file a complaint against them through the COMELEC and National Telecommunications Office. Legal action may also be considered.”

“I call on them to take down the news report, explain, and apologize. If this act can be committed on a sitting senator, then what more for ordinary Filipinos? In today’s digital era, a moment of fake news can destroy a reputation built for a lifetime,” he added.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

TAGS: ABS-CBN, Francis Tolentino

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our newsletter!

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

© Copyright 1997-2025 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

This is an information message

We use cookies to enhance your experience. By continuing, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more here.