NDRRMC puts at 3,000 number of families affected by Mindanao quake
MANILA, Philippines — More than 3,000 families were affected by the magnitude 6.8 earthquake that hit Mindanao on Friday afternoon, National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported on Tuesday.
NRDDMC said the tremor affected 3,696 families in Davao region and Soccsksargen.
The figure translates to 16,293 afflicted individuals.
No one was evacuated in the aftermath of the quake.
NDRRMC is validating reports of nine fatalities.
There are also 16 reported injuries, with three of the cases confirmed.
Meanwhile, as of 4:00 a.m. on Tuesday, NDRRMC said there are already 109 aftershocks recorded.
Six of the aftershocks were felt.
The aftershocks ranged from magnitude 1.4 to magnitude 4.7.
Furthermore, 1,544 houses were damaged.
157 of the homes were totally damaged, with the rest being partially damaged.
A total of 21 roads and bridges were affected.
Three of the roads are currently not passable.
On the other hand, no agricultural infrastructure, machinery, equipment, crops, vehicles, hospital equipment, and medicines were damaged.
So far, there are no flights or boat trips cancelled in the affected areas and there are no stranded passengers.
One landslide occurred.
Local governments did not declare state of calamity.
No water supply or communication lines were interrupted, while all power supplies have been restored.
NDRRMC noted there are also class and work suspensions in the affected areas.
As for assistance, more than P11.6 million in aid was provided by Department of Social Welfare and Development and Office of Civil Defense.
The assistance is in the form of food items, cash, and family kits.
The tectonic quake occurred in the waters off Sarangani town in Davao Occidental last Friday, November 17.
State seismologists initially measured it to be at magnitude 7.2.