Cop, 3 others sued for kidnapping over beauty queen’s disappearance
MANILA, Philippines — Kidnapping and serious illegal detention complaints were filed against a police officer and three others allegedly involved in the disappearance of missing beauty queen Catherine Camilon.
Philippine National Police (PNP) spokesperson Colonel Jean Fajardo on Monday said the complaints were filed before the Prosecutor’s Office of Batangas city this afternoon.
She likewise revealed the names of two suspects, while the two others were referred to as “John Does” in the complaint sheet.
“Around 1:30 p.m., nakapag-refer na ng kaso ang regional director unit ng CIDG (Criminal Investigation and Detection Group) [ng] kaso ng violation of Article 261 of the Revised Penal Code, particularly kidnapping and serious illegal detention, dyan sa office ng Batangas Provincial Prosecutor’s Office against Major Allan De Castro at isa pong nag nangangalang Jeffrey Arreola Magpantay at dalawa pa pong John Does,” Fajardo said in a press briefing.
(Around 1:30 p.m. today, CIDG referred a case for violation of Article 261 of the Revised Penal Code, particularly kidnapping and serious illegal detention, to Batangas Provincial Prosecutor’s Office against Major Allan De Castro, an individual named Jeffrey Arreola Magpantay and two John Does.)
De Castro was the supposed friend Camilon was about to meet when she disappeared last October 12.
Magpantay was one of the three men that witnesses allegedly saw transferring the beauty queen’s body from her car to another vehicle.
Last week, PNP said authorities recovered an abandoned car similar to the witnesses’ description.
The vehicle was left in a vacant lot along the corner of Dumuclay Road and Star Tollway in Barangay Pallocan East on November 9.
The car with no license plate was taken to Camp General Miguel Malvar in Batangas city, where it will undergo forensic examination.