Car similar to one in which Camilon’s body was allegedly boarded found
BAGUIO CITY, Benguet — A similar car that matches the description of the vehicle, where missing beauty queen Catherine Camilon’s body was seen allegedly being transferred, was found abandoned in Batangas city on Thursday.
Philippine National Police (PNP) spokesperson Colonel Jean Fajardo said authorities recovered an abandoned red Honda CR-V in a vacant lot.
The site was along the corner of Dumuclay Road and Star Tollway in Barangay Pallocan East on Thursday.
Fajardo on Friday cited a report from PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG).
“Kahapon ng hapon, naka-receive po ng tawag regional office ng CIDG galing sa Batangas City Police Station para i-report po sa kanila na meron daw na-recover na red Honda CR-V dun sa may Batangas,” she said in a press briefing in Baguio city.
(Yesterday afternoon, CIDG regional office received a call from Batangas City Police Station to report that a red Honda CR-V was recovered in Batangas.)
The vehicle with no license plate was left unattended since November 8.
PNP CIDG Provincial Field Unit and Forensic Group personnel came to retrieve the unclaimed vehicle on November 9.
The car was taken to Camp General Miguel C. Malvar in Batangas city, where it will undergo forensic examination.
The tests will include macro-etching and checking of chassis and engine number to track the vehicle’s owner.
Meanwhile, police are looking for the Nissan Juke Camilon was driving when she disappeared on October 12.
Earlier this week, two witnesses came forward to help authorities after police asked people for assistance.
Fajardo said the two individuals are not coming out in public at this time out of fear.
On October 27, Police Regional Office Calabarzon identified a police officer as a “person of interest” in Camilon’s disappearance.
The unnamed officer was relieved from his post and was transferred to the custody of PNP Personnel Holding and Accounting Unit.
A total of P250,000 has been offered for anyone who has credible information that will lead to finding Camilon.
Of this amount, Batangas Vice Governor Mark Leviste pledged P100,000, while the business sector of PNP Calabarzon promised to shell out another P100,000.
Philippine Anti-Organized Crime Commission committed P50,000 for critical information that will solve the case.