Construction worker dies from electrocution in Batangas
LUCENA CITY — A construction worker died from electrocution atop a wet tree that accidentally touched a live wire in Tanauan City, Batangas on Thursday, Nov. 2, police said.
A report from Batangas police said Remwel Tusing, 31, and Joel Estipona, 19, were cutting branches of a mango tree in Barangay Darasa around 1:30 p.m. when they got accidentally electrocuted after a part of the tree touched a live wire from the electric post.
Estipona fell from the tree while Tusing remained stuck on its branches.
When rescued, Tusing was rushed to Laurel Memorial District Hospital but was declared dead on arrival. Estipona had minor injuries.
The police said the tree was wet from rainfall which caused the electrocution incident. INQ