Construction worker in Batangas dies from electrocution
LUCENA CITY––A 27-year-old construction worker in Calatagan, Batangas died Thursday after being accidentally electrocuted, the police said in a report.
Nelboy Ledesma was electrocuted after touching a live wire stuck to the metal scaffolding he was working on in a house under construction in Barangay Biga around 4:40 p.m., the Calatagan police reported.
His fellow workers immediately cut the wire and rushed Ledesma to the Calatagan Medicare Hospital, but he died on the way, the police said. INQ
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.