House resolution honors 10 recipients of Metrobank outstanding Filipinos award
MANILA, Philippines — The House of Representatives has recently adopted a resolution honoring 10 recipients of the 2023 Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipino award for their achievements, commitment, and contributions to public service.
The House Resolution (HR) No. 1312, consolidated with HR No.1298, was introduced by Speaker Ferdinand Martin Romualdez and other lawmakers, congratulating the recipients of the award, which is conferred to outstanding individuals in the academe, military, and police sectors.
“Whereas, for exemplifying commitment, selflessness, and dedication in the pursuit of public service, the House of Representatives proudly joins the Metrobank Foundation Inc. in honoring and commending these 10 exceptional individuals who exemplify public service as a worthy endeavor,” the resolution adopted last September 20 reads.
“Now, therefore, be it resolved by the House of Representatives to congratulate and commend the 2023 Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipino Awardees for their dedication and steadfast commitment to providing exceptional public service,” it adds.
In a statement on Sunday, Romualdez said the awardees consist of four educators, three military personnel, and three police officers. These are:
- Rex Sario, Master Teacher I or Teacher-in-charge of Balogo Elementary School (Pangantucan, Bukidnon)
- June Elias Patalinghug, EdD, Master Teacher II at Catalunan Grade Elementary School (Davao City)
- Edgar Durana, MAEd, Master Teacher I or SPED Coordinator at Don Jose M. Ynares Sr. Memorial National High School (Binangonan, Rizal)
- Jovelyn Delosa, Ph.D., Associate Professor or Vice President for Academic Affairs of Northern Bukidnon State College (Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon)
- Staff Sergeant Danilo Banquiao, Civil-Military non-commissioned officer of 103rd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division of Philippine Army (Marawi City, Lanao del Sur)
- Lieutenant Colonel Joseph Bitancur, Assistant Commandant of the Basic Military School, Air Education, Training and Doctrine Command-Philippine Air Force (Lipa City, Batangas)
- Colonel Joseph Jeremias Cirilo Dator, Assistant Chief of Staff for Operations of the Presidential Security Group and former Commanding Officer of the 10th Military Intelligence Battalion, 10th Infantry Division (Mawab, Davao de Oro)
- Chief Master Sergeant Dennis Bendo, Section Team Leader of the District Mobile Force Battalion of Manila Police District
- Major Mae Ann Cunanan, Chief of Police Community Relations Criminal Investigation and Detection Group and former Chief of the Case Monitoring Section, Regional Investigation and Detection Management Division, PRO 9 in Zamboanga City
- Colonel Renell Sabaldica, Chief of Morale and Welfare Division of Directorate for Personnel and Records Management in Camp Crame, Quezon City, and former Provincial Director of Cagayan Police Provincial Office in Tuguegarao City
In conferring the teacher, soldier, and police officer excellence awards, the foundation collaborates with the Department of Education, the Commission on Higher Education, the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Rotary Club of Makati Metro, the Philippine National Police, Philippine Savings Bank, and Rotary Club of New Manila East.