ITCZ may cause floods in parts of Visayas, Mindanao, warns Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — The state weather bureau said on Thursday that some areas in Visayas and Mindanao may experience flooding due to light to moderate rains and thunderstorms brought by the Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ).
According to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa), the following rivers and tributaries in the locations below may experience flooding:
Region 8 – Eastern Visayas
- Leyte – Sangputan, Palo, Solano (Quilot), Daguitan Marabang, Cadac-an, Bongquirogon, Salug, Pagbangahan, Pagsangahan and Binahaan
- Southern Leyte – Bisay, Himbangan and Pandan
- Samar – Basey, Silanga, Calbiga and Jibatan
Region 11 – Davao Region
- Davao Oriental – Cateel, Dapnan, Baganga Mahan-ub, Manorigao, Caraga, Casaunan, Quinonoan, Bagwan, Mayo, Bitanayan, Sumlog, Tangmoan, Dacongbonwa, Kabasagan, Manay, Maya and Sumlao/Cuabo
- Davao De Oro – Matiao and Hijo
- Davao Del Norte – Tagum-Libuganon, Tuganay, and Saug
- Davao Del Sur – Davao, Lasang, Bunawan, Matina, Talomo, Lipadas, Tagulaya Sibulan, Digos, and Padada Mainit
- Davao Occidental – Panglan, Malita, Batanan Lais, Lawan, Latuan, Calian, Lamita, Lawayon, Culama, Caburan Bi, Maubio, Karabana, Tubayo, Kayapung, Malala, Capisolo, Tanoman Bi, Tanoman Smal, Kalbay, Butua, Nuin, Butula, Baki, Malagupo, Balagona, Batulaki
Region 13 – Caraga
- Surigao Del Sur – Cantilan, Carac-An, Tandag, Tago, Hubo-Oteiza, Hinatuan, and Bislig
- Agusan Del Sur – Ojot, Wawa, Libang, Maosam, Kasilan, Gibong, Adgaoan, Simulao, Kayonan and Andanan
- Agusan Del Norte – Rivers and its tributaries particularly Lake-Mainit-Tubay, Asiga, Agusan, Linugos and Cabadbaran
The Pagasa likewise advised people living in mountain slopes and low-lying areas of these affected areas, as well as their disaster response and management councils to take necessary precautions.
Click here for more weather related news.