Sea trips for small vessels in South Luzon resume
LUCENA CITY — Sailing of all sea vessels in Marinduque, Oriental Mindoro, Occidental Mindoro, Romblon, and southern Quezon resumed Wednesday, Sept. 6, after the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) lifted its gale warning in these provinces.
“All operations within the area of responsibility of the provinces are hereby resumed,” the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)-District Southern Tagalog (PCG-DST), announced around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday on its Facebook page.
The advisory cited a 5 a.m. forecast by Pagasa that said the strong gale with wind force warning in the province had been lifted.
The order, separately issued and signed by respective PCG commanders in the said areas was also posted.
On Aug. 27, authorities suspended sea travel for small crafts with 250 gross tonnages or less, like motorized passenger or fishing boats in the province due to rough sea conditions brought on by three successive typhoons.
The enhanced southwest monsoon also affected the western and southern seaboard of Southern Luzon that resulted in high waves.
However, all boats in Batangas province and the northern part of Quezon, including the Polillo group of islands, started sailing again on Sunday afternoon, Sept. 3, after Pagasa lifted the gale warning in the two areas.
Click here for more weather related news.