Tourism chief Frasco still has Marcos’ trust despite ‘Love Philippines’ video mess
MANILA, Philippines — President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said that he still trusts Tourism Secretary Christina Frasco despite the “Love Philippines” campaign’s shaky start.
Speaking to the media at Fort Bonifacio, Marcos said that there was no question that he still trusted her.
“Yes absolutely. No question. I spoke to her, I have been actually, but in fact since all of these came to the fore,” he said.
Marcos said that he saw how fast she moved after she terminated the agreement with the advertising company behind the controversial tourism promotion video.
“She has also since then put under review all of the other contracts that were in the pipeline. In my opinion, she has it under control, she knows what to do, what she has done so far inspires confidence that she will fix the problem and that the campaign of ‘Love the Philippines’ will be as successful as we hope for it to be,” said Marcos in English and Filipino.
The campaign’s tourism video was found out to have used footage from other countries, sparking controversy.