Palace names new envoys to UN, other countries
MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang on Monday disclosed new appointments of five diplomats who would serve as envoys of the Philippines to the United Nations and other countries.
The appointments, which were made on May 11, are the following:
- Carlos D. Sorreta — Permanent Representative of the Philippines to the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland
- Jose F. Ignacio — Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Republic of India, with concurrent jurisdiction over the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
- Maria Angela A. Ponce — Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Malaysia
- Renato Pedro O. Villa — Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with concurrent jurisdiction over the Republic of Yemen
- Paul Raymund P. Cortes — ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary to the Portuguese Republic, with concurrent jurisdiction over the Republic of Cabo Verde, the Republic of Guinea-Bissau, the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe, and the Republic of Angola
Sorreta, before his appointment to the UN, had been serving as the Philippine ambassador to Russia.