QCPD sues creators of viral docu
MANILA, Philippines — The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) said it has filed criminal charges against the creators of a viral “documentary” depicting a city barangay as being under the control of a criminal gang.
In a statement, QCPD director Brig. Gen. Nicolas Torre III said he has also ordered all units to “locate everyone” involved in the video, which he slammed as false and malicious.
The video, “No-Go Zones: Philippines Gangs,” went viral on social media after it was posted last April 26 under the Facebook page, “Free Documentary.”
So far, it has garnered over 2 million views.
The video claims that a gang called the “Batangas City Jail Gang” — believed to be a malapropism or an allusion to the Batang City Jail — has gained control over Pajo Street in Project 2.
It depicted the people in the community as afflicted by either drugs or crime. Torre said they were looking for three German nationals believed to be behind the video.