Palace names new appointees to SRA, DA, other agencies
MANILA, Philippines — The Presidential Communications Office (PCO) on Friday announced the latest batch of appointees to different government agencies, including a new acting administrator of the Sugar Regulatory Administration (SRA).
The PCO said Pablo Luis Azcona is the Acting Administrator and Chief Executive Officer of the SRA under the Department of Agriculture (DA).
Azcona replaces DA Senior Undersecretary Domingo Panganiban, who was acting as the sugar administration’s officer-in-charge following the resignation of former SRA chief David Thaddeus Alba due to health reasons.
Alleged irregularities in the country’s sugar importation have hounded the SRA, prompting the Senate to conduct an investigation.
Before his appointment, Azcona was a board member of the SRA.
Also appointed in the DA was Robert C. Suguitan as Senior Deputy Administrator of the National Irrigation Administration, said the PCO.
The PCO also listed the following officials as new appointees under the term of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.:
- Department of Justice, Office of the Solicitor General
- Raymond G. Pasiliao – State Solicitor II
- Ferdinand B. Redulla – State Solicitor II
- Francesco Benzon P. Anbochi – State Solicitor I
- Ryan Joseph N. Javier – State Solicitor I
- Gabriel S. Villanueva – State Solicitor I
- Department of Labor and Employment
- Lilia Estillore – Director IV
- Department of National Defense, Office of Civil Defense
- Jose Harry Barber – Director II
- Department of Finance
- Nancy Irlanda – Acting Member representing the private sector in the Board of Directors of the Land Bank of the Philippines
- Philip Lo – Acting Member of the Board of Directors of the Development Bank of the Philippines
- Office of the President
- Sheryll Anne M. Lizarondo PCO Director III
- Rowena S. Quioge PCO Director III
- Herman Emiliano M. Medina-Cue – Acting Member of the Board of Trustees in the Asian Productivity Organization Production Unit
- Social Security System
- Diana Aguilar – Acting Member representing the employers’ group in the Social Security Commission
- Government Service Insurance System
- Ma. Merceditas Navarro Gutierrez – Acting member of the Board of Trustees