Hot and humid weather to persist this long weekend, says Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — Hot weather will prevail across the archipelago this long weekend due to the easterlies and ridge of high-pressure area, the state weather bureau said Thursday.
In a weather outlook, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said Metro Manila, Metro Cebu, Metro Davao, Baguio, and Legazpi City may likewise experience humidity and brief rain showers until Monday.
“Patuloy pa rin tayong makakaranas ng mainit at maalinsangan na panahon sa mga piling lugar sa bansa. Asahan din ang mga sandaling pag-ulan na dala ng thunderstorms,” it noted.
(We will continue to experience hot and humid weather in selected areas of the country. Also, expect occasional rains brought by thunderstorms.)
As for Friday, April 21, Metro Manila’s temperature may go as high as 35 degrees Celsius, according to Pagasa.
“Mas mataas naman ang temperatura sa Tuguegarao. Bukas (April 21), aabot ito ng 37 degrees Celsius (Higher temperature is expected in Tuguegarao. Tomorrow, it may reach up to 37 degrees Celsius),” said Pagasa weather specialist Aldczar Aurelio.
Pagasa also issued the following temperature ranges in key cities around the country for Friday:
• Baguio – 17 to 26 degrees Celsius
• Laoag – 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Legazpi – 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Puerto Princesa – 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Tagaytay – 23 to 32 degrees Celsius
• Kalayaan Islands – 27 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Iloilo – 27 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Cebu – 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Tacloban – 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Cagayan de Oro – 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Zamboanga – 25 to 34 degrees Celsius
• Davao – 26 to 34 degrees Celsius
Dry and warm season in the Philippines started in late March and is expected to last until May, according to the state weather service.
Click here for more weather related news.