Pagasa: Floods, landslides possible in Visayas, Southern Luzon due to TD Amang
MANILA, Philippines — State meteorologists on Tuesday warned of possible landslides and floods in Visayas and Southern Luzon due to Tropical Depression Amang.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said in its 4 p.m., April 11, 2023 bulletin that Amang is anticipated to dump rain and bring gusty winds over Visayas, the Bicol Region, Marinduque, Romblon, and Quezon.
Amang was last located 135 kilometers east-northeast of Virac in Catanduanes province, packing maximum sustained winds of 55 kilometers per hour (kph) and gustiness of 70 kph, and moving westward at 30 kph, Pagasa noted.
In another weather bulletin issued at 5 p.m., Pagasa said Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal No. 1 are hoisted over the following areas:
- Camarines Sur
- Camarines Norte
- Quezon, including Polillo Islands
- Ticao Island
- Burias Island
- Laguna (San Pablo City, Alaminos, Calauan, Bay, Los Baños, Rizal, Nagcarlan, Victoria, Pila, Liliw, Magdalena, Majayjay, Luisiana, Cavinti, Pagsanjan, Santa Cruz, Lumban, Kalayaan, Paete, Pakil, Pangil, Siniloan, Famy, Santa Maria, Mabitac)
- Bulacan (Norzagaray, Doña Remedios, Trinidad, San Miguel, San Ildefonso)
- Nueva Vizcaya (Kasibu, Dupax del Norte, Dupax Del Sur, Alfonso Castaneda)
- Nueva Ecija (General Tinio, City of Gapan, Peñaranda, San Leonardo, Santa Rosa, Cabanatuan City, Talavera, San Jose City, Carranglan, Pantabangan, Llanera, General Mamerto Natividad, Rizal, Bongabon, Laur, Palayan City, Gabaldon)
- Isabela (Echague, San Agustin, Jones, Dinapigue, San Mariano, San Guillermo, Palanan, Angadanan, Benito Soliven, City of Cauayan)
- Northern Samar
- Samar (Calbayog City, Matuguinao, San Jose de Buan, Gandara, Santa Margarita, San Jorge)
- Eastern Samar (Jipapad, Maslog, Arteche, Oras, San Policarpo, Dolores)
The state weather bureau likewise raised a gale warning over the coasts of Catanduanes, Albay, Sorsogon, Northern Samar, and Eastern Samar.
Fisherfolks in these areas, especially those using small seacrafts, were warned against sailing as strong waves induced by the weather disturbance are expected. Pagasa said “rough” sea conditions with waves reaching 2.8 to 4 meters in height are likely.
“Larger sea vessels are alerted against big waves,” Pagasa added.
Click here for more weather related news.