Woman injured as fire hits 5 houses in QC
MANILA, Philippines — A 40-year-old woman was injured in a fire that hit five houses in barangay Commonwealth, Quezon City late Monday night.
In a report from the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) on Tuesday, the blaze that broke out at a residential area in Riverside Extension reached the first alarm at 1:57 p.m.
It was declared fire out at 12:28 a.m. the next day.
The BFP said the victim, Joan Revistual, sustained minor burns on her right arm.
The bureau said the fire started on the second floor of a residential structure owned by Josefino Castillo.
According to the report, no fatality has been recorded, but the damage has reached P12,500.
The cause of the blaze has yet to be determined.
Earlier in February, 100 families were left homeless by a fire that broke out at a residential area in Barangay Roxas, Quezon City. — Denver Godezano, INQUIRER.net trainee