‘Amihan’ continues to bring cloudy skies, rain showers in parts of Luzon, Visayas
MANILA, Philippines — Cloudy skies and rain showers are expected in parts of Luzon and Visayas due to the northeast monsoon or “amihan,” while the rest of the country will experience fair weather, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said Wednesday.
“Sa kasalukuyan itong amihan ang nakakaapekto dito sa may Luzon at pati na rin sa may Visayas,” weather specialist Veronica Torres said during a public weather forecast.
(Currently, amihan affects Luzon and Visayas.)
“Generally kung mapapansin natin magandang panahon yung inaasahan natin although yung cloudy conditions magpe-persists sa silangang bahagi ng Luzon and Visayas pati na rin sa Marinduque at Oriental Mindoro,” she added.
(We generally expect fair weather, although cloudy conditions will persist in the eastern part of Luzon and Visayas, including Marinduque and Oriental Mindoro.)
Torres further noted that there were no weather disturbances spotted inside and outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility so far.
The state weather bureau hoisted a gale warning in the coastal waters of Batanes, Babuyan Islands, Cagayan, Isabela, Aurora, Quezon, Polillo Islands, Ilocos Norte, Oriental Mindoro, Eastern coast of Palawan, Calamian, Cagayancillo, Kalayaan Islands, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Albay, Sorsogon, Marinduque, Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Siargao del Norte, Siargao, and Bucas Grande Islands.
Meanwhile, below is Pagasa’s list of weather temperatures in key areas of the country for Wednesday:
- Metro Manila: 22 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 24 to 13 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 29 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 19 to 27 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 21 to 28 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 24 to 27 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 35 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
Gale warning raised over most of PH’s seaboards due to ‘amihan’
Sea travel for small vessels still suspended in Batangas
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.