Gale warning raised over most of PH’s seaboards due to ‘amihan’
MANILA, Philippines — Gale warning is raised over most parts of the country due to the persistence of the northeast monsoon or “amihan,” the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said Tuesday.
“Dahil sa amihan ay meron pa rin tayong nakataas na gale warning sa seaboards ng Luzon maging sa eastern seaboards ng Visayas at Mindanao,” said weather specialist Grace Castañeda.
(Gale warning is still raised over Luzon’s seaboards and Visayas and Mindanao eastern seaboards.)
“Kung saan hindi na muna natin pinapayagan pumalaot yung mga kababayan nating mga mangingisda pati na rin yung may mga maliliit na sasakyan pandagat,” she added.
(We ask our fishermen and those with small marine vessels to halt their fishing activities.)
The state weather bureau hoisted a gale warning in the following coastal waters:
- Babuyan Islands
- Polillo Islands
- Ilocos Norte
- Ilocos Sur
- La Union
- Metro Manila
- Mindoro Provinces
- Kalayaan Islands
- Camarines Norte
- Camarines Sur
- Burias Island
- Northern Samar
- Eastern Samar
- Eastern coast of Siargao and Bucas Grande Islands
Castañeda said that the persistence of amihan will bring cloudy skies and light rains in Luzon, while Visayas will experience localized thunderstorms due to the shear line.
She added that Pagasa has not monitored any weather disturbance so far that might affect the country.
Meanwhile, below is the list of weather temperatures in the country’s key areas for Tuesday:
- Metro Manila: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 14 to 23 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 22 to 28 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 20 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 26 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 35 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
Sea travel for small vessels still suspended in Batangas
Classes suspended in Quezon island town due to bad weather
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.