Areas in 4 Metro cities without water for at least 2 days
A major pipe leak repair in Makati City will cause up to 57 hours of water interruptions in surrounding areas starting March 5 at 3:00 p.m. until March 7 at 11:59 p.m., Maynilad Water Services Inc. (Maynilad) said on Tuesday.
At a press briefing, Ronald Padua, Maynilad head of water supply operations, advised residents of the affected areas in Makati, Pasay, Parañaque and Manila cities to store water that will last them up to three days.
Repair of the 2,200 millimeter-diameter steel pipe along Osmena Highway corner Zobel Roxas, Makati City will take 52 hours, Maynilad said. The water concessionaire clarified, however, that service interruption extension was still unclear, as they would have to excavate the site first to assess the damage.
“To mitigate the impact of the pipe repair activity, Maynilad is installing seven stationary water tanks and deploying 30 mobile water tankers to serve affected areas, particularly those that will experience 57 hours straight of interrupted supply,” Maynilad said.
Once the pipe is repaired, Maynilad said it would recover around 20 to 30 million liters per day of lost water. This will be put back into the system and help boost water pressure in adjacent areas, increasing supply for distribution to customers.
The following areas will be affected by 20- to 57-hour water service interruptions:
Manila (March 5, 3 p.m. to March 6, 11 a.m.):
- Barangay 719, 726-731, 732-734, 745-762, 769, 803, 807 (Malate and San Andres)
Makati (March 5, 3 p.m. to March 7, 9 p.m.)
- Bangkal, Magallanes, Palanan, Pio del Pilar, San Isidro
Parañaque (March 5, 3 p.m. to March 7, 9 p.m.)
- Don Bosco (Magdalena St., Hernandez Ave., Remanville Subd.)
- Marcelo Green (Greenwood, Maharlika, Moss, Phase 5)
- San Antonio (Don Aguedo Subd., Hernandez Ave., Jestra Village, Lakandula St., Malacanang Village, San Antonio Valley 1 & 9, Sta. Lucia Ave., San Gabriel St.)
- San Isidro (Greenheights Subd.)
- Sun Valley (Annex 41, Cul De Sac Road, Edison Ave., Marimar Village 1 & 2, Park View, Sta. Ana Drive, Sun Valley Subdivision)
Parañaque (March 5, 3 p.m. to March 7, 11:59 p.m.)
- Don Bosco (Aeropark Subd., Annex 135 and 1618 Subd., Bolivia St., Better Living Subd., Camella Homes, Dona Soledad Ext., France St., Levitown Subd., Saudi St., Scienceville Subd., Somalia, UN – Don Bosco Ave., Zambia St.)
- BF Homes (Enclaves along Presidents Ave. and Aguirre Ave., Goodwill 2 Subd., Massville Village, Sampaloc Ave.)
- Marcelo Green (ACSIE Road, Sampaguita Ave., Severina Ave. – Left & Right, WSR/Marcelo Ave.)
- San Antonio (4th Estate Subd., Goodwill 3 Subd., Meliton St., Soreena Ave.)
- San Martin de Porres (Makati South Hills Townhomes, United Paranaque Subdivision 1-3, United Hills Subdivision)
- Sucat (Posadas Village)
Pasay (March 5, 3 p.m. to March 7, 2a.m.)
- Brgy. 1, 3, 7, 9, 14-15, 18, 20, 23, 33, 37, 41-49, 51-52, 56-59, 64-68, 71-75, 80-81, 84-86, 89, 91, 93-99, 101, 104, 106-110, 112-115, 118, 122-123, 125-126, 128, 130, 131, 133, 135-137, 142
Pasay (March 5, 3 p.m. to March 7, 9p.m.)
- Brgy. 86, 181-185, 201