Pagasa: LPA, ‘amihan’ to bring cloudy skies, scattered rain over parts of Northern Luzon
MANILA, Philippines — Most parts of Northern Luzon will be experiencing cloudy skies and scattered rain brought by the low pressure area (LPA) and northeast monsoon or “amihan,” the state weather bureau said on Tuesday.
Based on the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration’s (Pagasa) morning weather forecast, the LPA was last seen 300 kilometers east of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan.
“Sa kasalukuyan ito ngang mino-monitor nating low pressure area ay huling namataan kaninang alas tres ng umaga na nasa layong 300 kilometers silangan ng Tuguegarao City, Cagayan,” said weather specialist Veronica Torres.
(The LPA was last spotted at 3 a.m., 300 kilometers east of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan.)
Torres said this LPA has a low chance of developing into a tropical cyclone.
Likewise, she said that the northeast monsoon would affect Northern Luzon and bring rain to Batanes and Babuyan Islands.
The agency has also raised a gale warning in Batanes, Cagayan (including Babuyan Islands), Isabela, Aurora, Ilocos Norte, the northern coast of Quezon (including northern and eastern coast of Polillo Island, Camarines Norte, the northern coast of Camarines Sur, the northern coast of Catanduanes, Ilocos Sur, Pangasinan, La Union, and Zambales.
Meanwhile, below is Pagasa’s list of weather temperatures in key areas for Tuesday:
- Metro Manila: 23 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 21 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 22 to 28 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 21 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
LIST: Canceled flights on February 20, 2023, due to bad weather
LPA, northeast monsoon, shear line to cause rain over PH
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.