Expect cooler weather in coming days due to northeast monsoon — Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — The northeast monsoon or “amihan” may bring in cooler weather in the following days, said the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) on Wednesday.
According to Pagasa, the northeast monsoon will cause cloudy skies and rain in Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, Cagayan Valley, Bicol Region, Aurora, and Quezon.
“Muling umiiiral ang northeast monsoon o hanging amihan. Ito nga po ay nakaka-apekto sa malaking bahagi ng Luzon para sa araw na ito kaya asahan natin sa mga susunod na araw, lalakas muli itong northeast monsoon kaya posibleng makakaramdam tayo muli ng malalamig na panahon,” said Pagasa weather specialist Obet Badrina.
(The northeast monsoon or amihan is again prevailing. It will affect a large part of Luzon for this day so expect that in the coming days, the northeast monsoon will get stronger and we may feel cooler weather again).
Here are the possible temperature ranges in select Luzon areas until Friday:
- Baguio City – 15 to 23 degrees Celsius
- Metro Manila – 21 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City – 20 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao City – 21 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Angeles City – 23 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay City – 20 to 28 degrees Celsius
- Lipa City – 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City – 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
Meanwhile, Pagasa said that the rest of the country will experience generally fair weather for Wednesday as there is no low pressure area or tropical cyclone within the Philippine area of responsibility.
Pagasa listed the following temperatures for Wednesday:
- Metro Manila: 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 15 to 23 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 21 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 21 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 20 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 22 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 23 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
Rain possible in parts of PH due to northeast monsoon, cloud clusters
1 tropical cyclone expected in February — Pagasa
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.