Rain possible in parts of PH due to northeast monsoon, cloud clusters
MANILA, Philippines — Parts of the country may experience rain on Wednesday due to the northeast monsoon, locally known as “amihan,” and the cloud clusters forming in Davao.
This was according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) which weather forecast issued late Tuesday afternoon indicated that the northeast monsoon will trigger rains over the eastern section of Luzon and parts of the Cordillera Administrative Region.
“Patuloy pa rin na makakaapekto iyong hanging amihan at magdadala ng maulap na kalangitan na may mga pag-ulan sa silangang bahagi ng Luzon, pati na rin dito sa ilang bahagi ng Cordillera,” state weather specialist Rhea Torres said.
(The northeast monsoon will continue to affect the country, bringing overcast skies and rains in the eastern section of Luzon and several areas in the Cordillera.)
Scattered rain showers are likewise seen to persist in the Davao Region due to cloud clusters affecting the weather in the area, she added.
Meanwhile, Torres said fair weather with chances of brief and light rains, usually from afternoon to evening, will prevail in most of Visayas and Mindanao, as well as the western portion of Luzon.
She then noted that no low pressure area is currently being monitored by the weather bureau within or near the Philippine area of responsibility.
While the country’s seaboards are cleared of any gale warning, Torres said moderate to rough coastal waters may still be expected in the eastern section of the country.
Here are the expected temperature ranges in the following areas on Wednesday, according to Pagasa:
• Metro Manila — 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
• Baguio — 14 to 23 degrees Celsius
• Laoag — 19 to 30 degrees Celsius
• Tuguegarao — 21 to 29 degrees Celsius
• Legazpi — 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
• Puerto Princesa — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
• Tagaytay — 21 to 28 degrees Celsius
• Kalayaan Islands — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
• Iloilo — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
• Cebu — 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
• Tacloban — 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
• Cagayan de Oro — 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
• Zamboanga — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
• Davao — 23 to 30 degrees Celsius
1 tropical cyclone expected in February — Pagasa
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.