LTO to revoke license of SUV driver who caused vehicle collisions in Mandaluyong
MANILA, Philippines — The Land Transportation Office (LTO) on Monday said it would revoke the driver’s license of the person who caused a multiple-vehicle collision in Mandaluyong City.
This came following the Intelligence and Investigation Division’s (IID) recommendation to revoke Dominador Braga’s license after he admitted that he was the one driving the sports utility vehicle (SUV) that caused multiple crashes along Shaw Boulevard corner San Miguel Avenue in Barangay Wack Wack, Mandaluyong City.
“Tinapos na namin ang imbestigasyon at maglalabas ang LTO ng desisyon base sa mga hawak na ebidensya bukod pa sa pag-amin na rin ng drayber,” said LTO-IID officer in charge Renan Melitante.
(We have finished the investigation and the LTO will issue a decision based on the evidence in hand and the driver’s confession.)
If found guilty of reckless driving, Melitante said the SUV owner would also suffer the same penalty.
According to the LTO, Braga is currently detained at the Mandaluyong City Police Custodial Center.
It can be recalled that LTO had previously suspended the licenses of two SUV drivers for 90 days to determine who exactly was driving the SUV during the accident.
The LTO previously said that the multiple crashes left 13 motorists and passengers hurt and damaged 12 vehicles.
LTO deepens probe into multiple-vehicle collision in Mandaluyong
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.