Pagasa: Expect scattered rain showers in Northern Luzon due to shear line
MANILA, Philippines — Scattered rain showers and thunderstorms due to the shear line are expected in Northern Luzon on Wednesday, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Administration (Pagasa).
Pagasa said in its 4 a.m. weather bulletin that Cagayan will experience cloudy skies with scattered rain showers and thunderstorms due to the convergence of the northeast monsoon, locally termed amihan.
The northeast monsoon, meanwhile, will bring partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated light rains in Batanes, the weather bureau also said.
“Meron tayong minomonitor na mga cloud clusters dito sa may Timog Silangan ng PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility) line kung saan continuous monitoring tayo sa mga ka-ulapan na ito, sa posibilidad na ito ay magkaroon ng circulation at maaaring magdulot ito ng pag-ulan sa mga susunod na araw dito sa may bahagi ng Southern Luzon, Visayas at Mindanao,” said Pagasa weather specialist Grace Castañeda.
(We are monitoring cloud clusters here in the South East of the PAR line wherein we are continuously monitoring the clouds for the possible circulation. It might also cause rain in the following days in the Southern Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao).
The temperature range in key cities and areas on Wednesday across the country are as follows:
- Metro Manila — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City — 17 to 25 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City — 23 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City — 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City — 26 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City — 22 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
Rain likely in Batanes, Cagayan; fair weather for rest of PH – Pagasa
Pagasa: 1 to 2 storms expected in December
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.