Rain likely in Batanes, Cagayan; fair weather for rest of PH – Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — Some areas in Northern Luzon are expected to see rain on Tuesday, December 6, due to the shear line, as generally fair weather may possibly prevail over the rest of the country.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said in its 5 p.m. weather bulletin on Monday that Batanes and Cagayan will experience rain due to the shear line anticipated to bring overcast skies, as well as scattered rain with thunder and lightning.
As for Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon, good weather continues despite partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rain showers or thunderstorms.
“Dito sa bandang Batanes pati na rin sa Cagayan, asahan natin dahil sa posibleng epekto ng shear line maari tayong makaranas diyan ng maulap na kalangitan na may kalat-kalat na pagulan, pagkidlat at pagkulog,” said Pagasa weather specialist Veronica Torres.
(Here in Batanes and Cagayan, let’s expect that due to the possible effect of the shear line, we may experience cloudy skies with scattered showers, lightning, and thunder.)
“Pero dito sa Metro Manila at nalalabing bahagi ng [Luzon], asahan na magpapatuloy itong magandang panahon – partly cloudy to cloudy skies na may mga isolated rain showers or thunderstorms lamang,” she added.
(But here in Metro Manila and the rest of [Luzon], expect good weather to continue – just partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rain showers or thunderstorms.)
Also, Pagasa said weather would be generally fair over Visayas and Mindanao, although there may be chances of rain due to isolated thunderstorms.
Meanwhile, a gale warning was raised over the extreme Northern Luzon, specifically, the seaboards of Batanes, Babuyan Islands, the Northern Coast of Cagayan, and Ilocos Norte.
Pagasa likewise said that Tuesday’s temperature range in key cities/areas across the country are:
- Metro Manila: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 23 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 23 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 22 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.