Pagasa: Warm, sunny Saturday in Luzon and Visayas, rain showers in Mindanao
MANILA, Philippines – Most parts of Luzon and the Visayas will have warm weather this Saturday while Mindanao and Palawan will have partly cloudy skies with isolated rain showers and thunderstorms, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
“Sa ngayon po, patuloy ang mainit at maalinsangan na panahon sa malaking bahagi ng Luzon at Visayas, dahil po yan sa easterlies o hangin mula sa Pacific Oceanm habang sa malaking bahagi ng Mindanao and even Palawan, asahan ang mga pulo-pulong pag-ulan o localized thunderstorms na bahagyang epekto naman ng intertropical convergence zone, o yung linya kung saan nagsasalubong ang hangin mula sa magkabilang panig ng mundo,” said Pagasa weather specialist Benison Estareja.
(It will be warm and dry in large parts of Luzon and Visayas due to the easterlies, or the wind coming from the Pacific Ocean. Most parts of Mindanao and Palawan can expect scattered rain or localized thunderstorms, partially due to the effects of the intertropical convergence zone, or the line where the winds from opposite sides of the world meet).
Flash floods and landslides are possible in rain-affected areas, Pagasa warned.
Pagasa is also monitoring cloud clusters near the Philippine area of responsibility, east of the Visayas. The clusters may affect Visayas and the Bicol region by Monday.
Another weather disturbance that Pagasa is monitoring is a low pressure area in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, 3,000 kilometers east of Mindanao.
Estareja said that it may approach the country early next. month and may develop into a storm.
Forecast temperature range on Saturday in key cities / areas:
- Metro Manila — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 17 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 22 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 27 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 27 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 27 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.