Pagasa Sunday forecast: A mix of rain, cloudy skies and fair weather
MANILA, Philippines — Two weather systems, the shear line and the intertropical convergence zone, will bring rain and overcast skies to parts of the country on Sunday, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
“Magpapaulan pa rin po ang ITCZ sa malaking bahagi ng Mindanao at shear line sa Northern and Eastern sections of Luzon,” said Pagasa weather specialist Benison Estareja.
(The ITCZ will continue to bring rain to many parts of Mindanao and shear line in the Northern and Eastern sections of Luzon.)
Rain is expected in Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Aurora, Quezon and Bicol region due to the shear line.
“Asahan ang cloudy skies at sasamahan ‘yan ng kalat kalat na ulan at thunderstorms dahil sa shearline or tail end ng frontal system,” said Estareja.
(Expect cloudy skies and that will be accompanied by scattered rain and thunderstorms due to the shearline or tail end of the frontal system.)
The ITCZ, on the other hand, is forecast to bring rain over the southern and western section of Palawan, while the rest of Luzon, including Metro Manila will have generally fair weather conditions with chances of rain.
ITCZ – induced rain is likewise forecast in the Zamboanga Peninsula, BARMM and Soccsksargen regions in Mindanao, while Northern and Eastern Samar in Eastern Visayas will be affected by the shear line.
The rest of Visayas and Mindanao, meanwhile, will have generally fair weather conditions.
No low – pressure areas (LPA) is being monitored or expected to enter the Philippine area of responsibility in the next few days.
A gale warning is up over the northern coast of Ilocos Norte and Cagayan (including Babuyan Islands), as well as the seaboards of Batanes, with waves expected to range from 2.8 to 4.5 meters high.
Temperature range in key cities/areas across the country on Sunday:
- Metro Manila: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 23 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 21 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 27 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 34 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.