Pagasa: Cloudy Saturday with isolated rain showers nationwide
MANILA, Philippines — Cloudy skies and scattered rain showers are expected nationwide on Saturday, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
The state weather bureau, in its morning update, said that a weak intertropical convergence zone will trigger scattered rains in southern Mindanao.
Meanwhile, Eastern Visayas will be affected by the easterlies, which are warm winds coming from the Pacific Ocean that cause rain, while the rest of the country will experience scattered rains due to localized thunderstorms, said Pagasa weather specialist Benison Estreja.
“Sa malaking bahagi ng Luzon, asahan ang pulo-pulong pag-ulan lalo na po sa silangang bahagi,” said Estreja.
(Scattered rains are expected in most parts of Luzon, especially in the eastern portion).
“Sa ating mga kababayan po sa Visayas, umaga pa lamang, mataas na ang tsansa ng mga pag-ulan. At dito sa may Eastern Visayas, pagsapit ng tanghali, posible magkaroon pa rin ng pulo-pulong pag-ulan, associated with the easterlies,” he added.
(In the Visayas, rain is likely in the morning. In Eastern Visayas, scattered rains associated with the easterlies are expected by noon time.)
Estreja added that there are no tropical cyclones expected within the Philippine area of responsibility in the next three days.
For areas affected by rain, Pagasa warned of possible flash floods or landslides.
*Forecast temperature range in key cities / areas on Saturday:
- Metro Manila — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 17 to 25 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 22 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.