MANILA, Philippines – Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal No. 3 raised in certain areas across the country has been lifted as Typhoon Karding (International name: Noru) moves further away from Luzon, the state weather bureau said on Monday.
In its 8 a.m. advisory, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said the center of the eye of Karding was last monitored 190 kilometers west of Dagupan City, Pangasinan, packing maximum sustained winds of 140 kilometers per hour (kph) near the center and gustiness of up to 170 kph.
While Karding is expected to either weaken or maintain its strength on its way out of the Philippine area of responsibility (PAR) on Monday evening, Pagasa warned that “a period of re-intensification may occur beginning tonight (Monday) or tomorrow (Tuesday) early morning as the typhoon moves over the West Philippine Sea.”
The weather service also noted that until later at noon, moderate to heavy with at times intense rain will persist over Zambales, Bataan, and Lubang Islands, while the western part of Pangasinan will experience light to moderate with at times heavy rain.
“Occasional to monsoon rains are still possible in the next 24 hours over the western sections of Central Luzon, Southern Luzon, and Visayas, especially as the rainbands of Karding moves further away from the landmass,” it added.
Listed below are the Tropical Wind Signals issued by Pagasa in several parts of Luzon:
Signal No. 2
- The western section of Pangasinan – Bolinao, Bani, City of Alaminos, Anda, Sual, Labrador, Mabini, Agno, Burgos, Dasol, Infanta, Bugallon, Lingayen, Aguilar
- The northern portion of Zambales – Santa Cruz, Candelaria, Masinloc, Palauig, Iba
Signal No. 1
- La Union
- The rest of Pangasinan
- The southern portion of Benguet – Sablan, La Trinidad, Itogon, Baguio City, Tuba, Kapangan, Tublay
- The rest of Zambales
- The northern portion of Bataan – Bagac, City of Balanga, Abucay, Samal, Morong, Orani, Hermosa,
- The western portion of Nueva Ecija – Cabiao, San Isidro, Jaen, San Antonio, Lupao, Science City of Muñoz, Santo Domingo, Talavera, Aliaga, Zaragoza, Cuyapo, Talugtug, Nampicuan, Guimba, Licab, Quezon
“Rapid de-escalation of wind signals will continue as Karding moves further away from the landmass of Luzon,” Pagasa said.
But due to the said weather disturbance, it reiterated that a gale warning remains raised over the western seaboards of Northern and Central Luzon.