Pagasa: Overcast skies in some parts of PH due to ‘habagat’
MANILA, Philippines — Cloudy skies and rain are forecast over parts of the country on Tuesday due to the southwest monsoon, locally known as the “habagat,” said the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
“Makakaapekto pa rin ang southwest monsoon sa Palawan, pati sa Central Luzon kaya posible pa rin sa Bataan, Zambales area medyo maulap pa rin ang kalangitan,” said Pagasa weather specialist Obet Badrina.
(The southwest monsoon will still affect Palawan and Central Luzon, so it is possible that the sky will still be a bit cloudy in Bataan, Zambales.)
“Sa nalalabing bahagi naman ng Luzon ay inaasahan pa rin ang mas maaliwalas at mainit na panahon sa umaga, habang lumalaki ‘yung tiyansa ng mga pagulan sa hapon hanggang sa gabi,” he added.
(In the rest of Luzon, warmer weather is still expected in the morning, while the chance of rain increases in the afternoon until the evening.)
The southwest monsoon will also affect the Eastern Visayas and the Zamboanga Peninsula in Mindanao, with rain and overcast skies forecast for Tuesday.
On the other hand, the rest of Visayas and Mindanao will have relatively fairer weather, with isolated rain showers expected due to localized thunderstorms.
Meanwhile, a low-pressure area was spotted outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility east of the country but is expected to continue moving away.
“Pero patuloy pa rin natin itong susubaybayan pero sa kasalukuyan ay wala naman itong epekto sa bansa (but we will continue to monitor it but currently it has no effect on the country),” said Badrina.
Gale warning is no longer raised around the country’s coasts, but moderate to rough sea conditions are still expected over Luzon’s surrounding oceans.
The state weather service said the temperature range in key cities/areas across the country for Tuesday will be:
- Metro Manila: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 22 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 24 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 26 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.