Pagasa: Expect fair Friday weather
MANILA, Philippines — Fair weather is expected nationwide on Friday as the southwest monsoon or “habagat” weakens, according to the state weather bureau.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said that while the southwest monsoon is still affecting parts of Central and Southern Luzon, it is no longer directly affecting Philippine land mass.
“Makakaranas po tayo ng magandang panahon, kaya po dito sa Maynila at buong bansa ay fair weather ang inaasahan natin. Bahagyang maulap hanggang sa maulap ang mga kalangitan, and yung mga ulan na mararanasan ay isolated rain showers lamang po, mga isolated rain showers and thunderstorms especially ‘pag hapon at gabi, ” said Pagasa weather specialist Ezra Bulquerin in the bureau’s public weather forecast.
(We will experience fair weather today. For Manila and the rest of the country, we are expecting fair weather conditions. It will be partly cloudy to cloudy with possible isolated rain showers and thunderstorms, especially during the afternoon and at night).
Pagasa did not raise any gale warning on Friday.
*Forecast temperature range in key cities and areas:
- Metro Manila — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 17 to 22 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 22 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.